The Conversation at 12:00 p.m.
Veteran reporter Ross Reynolds hosts this fast–paced news call–in program covering current topics and issues of the day, from politics to breaking news. Always engaging and informative — a radio forum where listeners speak directly with experts on news–oriented topics. What does it sound like? Listen to some memorable moments.
Neal Conan leads a productive exchange of ideas and opinions on the issues that dominate the news landscape. More »
BBC Newshour at 1:00 p.m.
In the world's unrelenting 24–hour news cycle, the BBC World Service's network of correspondents cuts through the background noise and provides you with the definitive take on the big stories of the day.
KUOW Presents at 2:00 p.m.
You'll find the very best radio from the Pacific Northwest and around the world every day on KUOW Presents, with interviews, reports and entertaining speakers that bring you diverse perspectives.
All Things Considered at 3:00 p.m.
KUOW's Guy Nelson, Derek Wang, and NPR award–winning hosts and reporters stationed around the globe present some of the nation's best reporting. Incisive coverage of the day's events along with a unique mix of news, interviews, commentaries, analysis, reviews and offbeat features.
Selected Shorts at 10:00 p.m.
Selected Shorts producers match Oscar and Tony Award–winning actors with short stories by acclaimed contemporary and classic authors.
- No Tax Credit For Wind Power Could Mean Fewer Jobs In The Pacific Northwest
- School Reforms Tested At Idaho Ballot Box
- Checking The Facts Behind The Ads On Both Sides Of Wash. Same-Sex Marriage
- Women Artists Take Over Seattle Art Museum
- A Milder Debate As Wash. Governor Candidates Meet Again
- Report: Arrests For Marijuana Disproportionally Affect Blacks, Latinos And Native Americans
- Citizens Wanted To Keep Eye On Seattle Police
- U.S. Judge To Rule On Canadian Firm's Dumping In Columbia River
- Fire In Western WA Raises Fears For Spawning Salmon
- Judge To Consider Cross Border Columbia River Pollution Case
- 10 Guantanamo Prisoners Freed In Oman; 45 Detainees Remain
- Trump Pressures Congress To Replace Obamacare Quickly
- European Leaders Worried By Trump's Comments On NATO, EU
- Old Confronts New In A Gentrifying D.C. Neighborhood
- A Former Education Secretary's Advice For Betsy DeVos
- Egyptian Court Rules Against Government Bid To Give Two Islands To Saudi Arabia
- Cabinet Nominees Will Face Scrutiny On Climate And Education Policy This Week
- How The Systemic Segregation Of Schools Is Maintained By 'Individual Choices'
- For Female Inmates In New York City, Prison Is A Crowded, Windowless Room
- When The Brain Scrambles Names, It's Because You Love Them
- Elections to be held in Northern Ireland on 2 March
- Tunisia attack: British lives could have been saved
- Trump worries Nato with 'obsolete' comment
- Deadly shooting at BPM music festival
- Frances Cappuccini Caesarean death caused by hospital failures
- Ice crack to put UK Antarctic base in shut-down
- Kyrgyzstan plane crash: It landed on top of the village
- Carney: Rates could rise or fall
- Helen Bailey: Ian Stewart 'tried to sell author's flat'
- Hunt makes millions from sale of Hotcourses
News stories KUOW editors are following.
- Sponsored: The 3 Week Diet
- Why changing single family zoning makes sense
- Lawmakers Approve Tax Break for the 1%
- Uncorking the Past at Seattle’s Finntown | Washington State Dept. of Archaeology & Historic Preservation
- Poverty, family stress are thwarting student success, top teachers say - The Washington Post
Morning Edition 5/29/2014 at 7:00 a.m.