Weekday at 9:00 a.m.
Host Steve Scher and guests lay the groundwork for understanding the issues and trends that become tomorrow's headlines. The call–in, talk show format invites listeners to converse with activists, politicians and practical thinkers on relevant issues and ideas of the day.
"Fresh Air" with Terry Gross is a Peabody Award–winning magazine of contemporary arts and issues. More »
The Conversation at 12:00 p.m.
Veteran reporter Ross Reynolds hosts this fast–paced news call–in program covering current topics and issues of the day, and listeners speak directly with experts on news–oriented topics.
BBC Newshour at 1:00 p.m.
In the world's unrelenting 24–hour news cycle, the BBC World Service's network of correspondents cuts through the background noise and provides you with the definitive take on the big stories of the day.
KUOW Presents at 2:00 p.m.
You'll find the very best radio from the Pacific Northwest and around the world every day on KUOW Presents, with interviews, reports and entertaining speakers that bring you diverse perspectives.
WireTap at 8:00 p.m.
Each episode of Wiretap swings back and forth between host Jonathan Goldstein's monologues and his phone chats with a roster of some of the funniest story–tellers on the radio today.
- No Tax Credit For Wind Power Could Mean Fewer Jobs In The Pacific Northwest
- School Reforms Tested At Idaho Ballot Box
- Checking The Facts Behind The Ads On Both Sides Of Wash. Same-Sex Marriage
- Women Artists Take Over Seattle Art Museum
- A Milder Debate As Wash. Governor Candidates Meet Again
- Report: Arrests For Marijuana Disproportionally Affect Blacks, Latinos And Native Americans
- Citizens Wanted To Keep Eye On Seattle Police
- U.S. Judge To Rule On Canadian Firm's Dumping In Columbia River
- Fire In Western WA Raises Fears For Spawning Salmon
- Judge To Consider Cross Border Columbia River Pollution Case
- Court Orders Russia To Pay Former Yukos Shareholders $50B
- Dollar Tree To Buy Family Dollar In $8.5 Billion Deal
- For Muslims In Gaza, End Of Ramadan Marred By Fighting
- How Protecting Wildlife Helps Stop Child Labor And Slavery
- Team Investigating Downing Of MH17 Turns Back Due To Heavy Fighting
- Lawmakers Reach Deal Intended To Fix VA System In Crisis
- Conflict In Gaza: Here's What You Need To Know Today
- Israelis Broadly Support Military's Operation In Gaza
- Israel Resumes Airstrikes On Gaza After Lull In Fighting
- People Who Feel They Have A Purpose In Life Live Longer
- Deadly blasts hit Gaza and Israel
- Beauty spots still at fracking 'risk'
- Rain, hail and lightning cause chaos
- MH17 downing 'may be war crime'
- UK says EU sanctions deal 'closer'
- Man admits Help for Heroes fraud
- Lloyds fined £218m over Libor
- Gold medal record for Scotland
- Burma Top Gear breached Ofcom rules
- Lightning kills man on US beach
News stories KUOW editors are following.
- Port commission prepares to select a new member today
- Gates, UW teaming up on massive health study
- Seattle’s failed yellow-pages fight may cost $500K
- FAA 787 inspections reveal checks were left to Boeing
Morning Edition 5/29/2014 at 7:00 a.m.