BBC Newshour at 1:00 p.m.
With the world's 24-hour news cycle more intense and unrelenting than ever, there is a greater need to cut through the background noise and provide you with the definitive take on the big stories of the day, brought to you by the BBC World Service's global network of correspondents.
"Tell Me More" captures the headlines, issues and pleasures relevant to multicultural life in America. More »
KUOW Presents at 2:00 p.m.
You'll find the very best radio from the Pacific Northwest and around the world every day on KUOW Presents, with interviews, reports and entertaining speakers that bring you diverse perspectives.
All Things Considered at 3:00 p.m.
KUOW's Guy Nelson, Derek Wang, and NPR award–winning hosts and reporters stationed around the globe present some of the nation's best reporting. Incisive coverage of the day's events along with a unique mix of news, interviews, commentaries, analysis, reviews and offbeat features.
Marketplace at 6:30 p.m.
News bureaus across the US, in London and Tokyo contribute to this daily magazine of business and economics, providing unique global perspectives on business and commerce coverage.
Weekday at 9:00 a.m.
The call–in talk show with host Steve Scher and guests invites listeners to converse with activists, politicians and practical thinkers on relevant issues and ideas of the day.
- No Tax Credit For Wind Power Could Mean Fewer Jobs In The Pacific Northwest
- School Reforms Tested At Idaho Ballot Box
- Checking The Facts Behind The Ads On Both Sides Of Wash. Same-Sex Marriage
- Women Artists Take Over Seattle Art Museum
- A Milder Debate As Wash. Governor Candidates Meet Again
- Report: Arrests For Marijuana Disproportionally Affect Blacks, Latinos And Native Americans
- Citizens Wanted To Keep Eye On Seattle Police
- U.S. Judge To Rule On Canadian Firm's Dumping In Columbia River
- Fire In Western WA Raises Fears For Spawning Salmon
- Judge To Consider Cross Border Columbia River Pollution Case
- In 'Appetites,' Bourdain Pleases The Toughest Food Critic (His 9-Year-Old)
- Vine Withers, Reminding Us That Nothing Is Forever
- Report Declares Global Wildlife Populations Are Plunging. But It's Complicated
- How Is A 1,600-Year-Old Tree Weathering California's Drought?
- FCC Vote Means Internet Providers Need Permission To Share Your Data
- To Help More People In Need, Researchers Urge Aid Groups: Do Less
- The Walloons Pack A Wallop As Canada, Europe Agree To Tweak A Trade Deal
- Amtrak Reaches $265 Million Settlement Over Deadly Philadelphia Crash
- The Case For Republicans To Consider Merrick Garland's Nomination
- Researchers Say They've Found A Bit Of Fossilized Dinosaur Brain
- Nissan to build new models in Sunderland
- UK economy grows 0.5% in three months after Brexit vote
- Twitter axes Vine video service
- Images reveal crashed Mars lander
- US election: 'Cruel' Trump claim annoys dead soldier's family
- EU-Canada trade deal: Belgians break Ceta deadlock
- NI woman charged over abortion pills
- Rio 2016: Wada publishes report highlighting 'serious failings' at Olympic Games
- The Great British Bake Off reaches record audience
- UK's national sperm bank stops recruiting donors
News stories KUOW editors are following.
- Sponsored: The 3 Week Diet
- Why changing single family zoning makes sense
- Lawmakers Approve Tax Break for the 1%
- Uncorking the Past at Seattle’s Finntown | Washington State Dept. of Archaeology & Historic Preservation
- Poverty, family stress are thwarting student success, top teachers say - The Washington Post
Morning Edition 5/29/2014 at 7:00 a.m.