KUOW Presents at 2:00 p.m.
You'll find the very best radio from the Pacific Northwest and around the world every day on KUOW Presents. Interviews, reports and entertaining speakers connect you to a diversity of stories and perspectives. Whether it's about the environment, the economy or personal transformation, it matters to your daily life.
"The Story" finds people whose lives are intersecting with significant issues in the news and gives them the opportunity to tell their story. More »
All Things Considered at 3:00 p.m.
KUOW's Guy Nelson, Derek Wang, and NPR award–winning hosts and reporters stationed around the globe present some of the nation's best reporting. Incisive coverage of the day's events along with a unique mix of news, interviews, commentaries, analysis, reviews and offbeat features.
Marketplace at 6:30 p.m.
News bureaus across the US, in London and Tokyo contribute to this daily magazine of business and economics, providing unique global perspectives on business and commerce coverage.
BBC Newsday at 7:00 p.m.
Get an immediate handle on the trends that are shaping the world with the BBC's new international news show, presented live from London and Johannesburg. Tune in and join in the conversation.
Weekday at 9:00 a.m.
The call–in talk show with host Steve Scher and guests invites listeners to converse with activists, politicians and practical thinkers on relevant issues and ideas of the day.
- No Tax Credit For Wind Power Could Mean Fewer Jobs In The Pacific Northwest
- School Reforms Tested At Idaho Ballot Box
- Checking The Facts Behind The Ads On Both Sides Of Wash. Same-Sex Marriage
- Women Artists Take Over Seattle Art Museum
- A Milder Debate As Wash. Governor Candidates Meet Again
- Report: Arrests For Marijuana Disproportionally Affect Blacks, Latinos And Native Americans
- Citizens Wanted To Keep Eye On Seattle Police
- U.S. Judge To Rule On Canadian Firm's Dumping In Columbia River
- Fire In Western WA Raises Fears For Spawning Salmon
- Judge To Consider Cross Border Columbia River Pollution Case
- How Did Obama Play In India? We Ask Four Villagers To Weigh In
- Operator Of Drone That Crashed At White House Works At Intelligence Agency
- Southern California's Water Supply Threatened By Next Major Quake
- To Protect His Son, A Father Asks School To Bar Unvaccinated Children
- What Will New King Mean For Women In Saudi Arabia?
- Alabama Chief Justice: Federal Courts Don't Hold Sway On Marriage
- Even At $30 A Barrel, Saudis Are Still Making Money On Oil
- The Mysterious Life Of India's First Lady
- Watch 'Bob's Burgers'? Now You Can Eat Them, Too
- Public Inquiry Into Death Of Former KGB Agent Litvinenko Starts
- Auschwitz survivors appeal to world
- Litvinenko lawyer accuses Russia
- H is for Hawk wins Costa book prize
- Cable aide quits over fracking vote
- Foreigners dead in Tripoli attack
- US admits snow forecast errors
- Unison calls off strike by NHS staff
- MPs to quiz Chilcot over Iraq delays
- Two charged with 1991 Payne murder
- EDF to cut gas prices by 1.3%
News stories KUOW editors are following.
- Seattle startup turning sewage treatment biosolids (poop) into biofuel
- Port commission prepares to select a new member today
- Gates, UW teaming up on massive health study
- Seattle’s failed yellow-pages fight may cost $500K
Morning Edition 5/29/2014 at 7:00 a.m.