BBC Newshour at 1:00 p.m.
With the world's 24-hour news cycle more intense and unrelenting than ever, there is a greater need to cut through the background noise and provide you with the definitive take on the big stories of the day, brought to you by the BBC World Service's global network of correspondents.
"Tell Me More" captures the headlines, issues and pleasures relevant to multicultural life in America. More »
KUOW Presents at 2:00 p.m.
You'll find the very best radio from the Pacific Northwest and around the world every day on KUOW Presents, with interviews, reports and entertaining speakers that bring you diverse perspectives.
All Things Considered at 3:00 p.m.
KUOW's Guy Nelson, Derek Wang, and NPR award–winning hosts and reporters stationed around the globe present some of the nation's best reporting. Incisive coverage of the day's events along with a unique mix of news, interviews, commentaries, analysis, reviews and offbeat features.
Marketplace at 6:30 p.m.
News bureaus across the US, in London and Tokyo contribute to this daily magazine of business and economics, providing unique global perspectives on business and commerce coverage.
Weekday at 9:00 a.m.
The call–in talk show with host Steve Scher and guests invites listeners to converse with activists, politicians and practical thinkers on relevant issues and ideas of the day.
- No Tax Credit For Wind Power Could Mean Fewer Jobs In The Pacific Northwest
- School Reforms Tested At Idaho Ballot Box
- Checking The Facts Behind The Ads On Both Sides Of Wash. Same-Sex Marriage
- Women Artists Take Over Seattle Art Museum
- A Milder Debate As Wash. Governor Candidates Meet Again
- Report: Arrests For Marijuana Disproportionally Affect Blacks, Latinos And Native Americans
- Citizens Wanted To Keep Eye On Seattle Police
- U.S. Judge To Rule On Canadian Firm's Dumping In Columbia River
- Fire In Western WA Raises Fears For Spawning Salmon
- Judge To Consider Cross Border Columbia River Pollution Case
- 'Rolling Stone' Asks Columbia J-School To Investigate Flawed Rape Story
- When Humans Quit Hunting And Gathering, Their Bones Got Wimpy
- The 85-Year-Old Widow Who's The Symbol Of Spain's Economic Woes
- Army General To Determine Fate of Bowe Bergdahl
- In Slovakia, Christmas Dinner Starts In The Bathtub
- Singer Joe Cocker Dies At Age 70
- 1 Dead In Protest At Chinese-Backed Copper Mine In Myanmar
- Milwaukee Prosecutor Won't Seek Charges In Police Shooting
- Pope Francis, At Christmas Gathering, Blasts Vatican's Bureaucrats
- Tunisian Election Puts Former Regime Figure In Presidency
- Six people killed in bin lorry crash
- Singer Joe Cocker dies aged 70
- Van driven into shoppers in France
- Parties say progress made in talks
- Two men charged with PC's murder
- North Korea threatens US over Sony
- Tesco accounts face fresh inquiry
- Builder fined for opening sluice gate
- Pope Francis criticism stuns Vatican
- Internet problems hit food shoppers
News stories KUOW editors are following.
- Seattle startup turning sewage treatment biosolids (poop) into biofuel
- Port commission prepares to select a new member today
- Gates, UW teaming up on massive health study
- Seattle’s failed yellow-pages fight may cost $500K
Morning Edition 5/29/2014 at 7:00 a.m.